Exercising tips for Asthmatics
Exercise-induced asthma (EIA) is a condition where you do an intensive workout session that leaves you breathless. The common symptoms of exercise-induced asthma include wheezing, coughing, extreme tiredness or shortness of breath and chest tightness, and can make working out quite an ordeal. Many people suffer from this condition that makes your airways very sensitive to changes in temperature and humidity. Despite this, one can still workout around it.
The following precautions can help beat this condition while exercising.
1. Pick your exercise carefully: Exercises like swimming, biking .hiking, walking and skiing are better suited for those with this condition.
2. Try team sports: Go for sports that require teamwork with short bursts of energy e.g. golfing, baseball or surfing; instead of the ones that require endurance like long-distance running or basketball.
3. Avoid most of the cold weather sports since this condition gets worse with cold weather.
4. Stick to your treatment routine as per the doctor’s advice and taking the recommended drugs.
5. To be on the safe side, avoid exercising during very cold weather conditions or in polluted places.